Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grace Bible College Update

Namaste Y'all!

     Well, we have been here nearly two and a half weeks now and things are finally starting to run smoothly!  Thanks to the generosity and faithfulness of a few everything is going well at home. (a huge answer to my prayers)  And aside from a little upset stomach here and there, Daniel and I are doing great! 

     Our usual day goes like this: I wake up about 5:45 am, shower, go to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee, make Daniel breakfast and go and study in my office until my wife comes online on Skype and She and Autumn and Daniel and I all video chat for a little while and then about 8:00 Daniel starts math and I get ready to go down for classes in the sanctuary. 

     Classes start at 8:30 with Praise and Devotion.  Then a little after 9:00 I start my first class on the Doctrine of the Word of God.  So far in this class we have discussed the different forms of the Word of God (as a Person (Jesus), as speech, personal address, and written form (Bible))  Now we are finishing up the Canon of Scripture; how we can know that the books we have in our Bible are the right books.  Next week we start to discuss the authority, inerrancy, clarity, necessity, and sufficiency of Scripture.  A little after 10:00 we start our Doctrine of God class.  In this class so far we have discussed the existence of God and the knowability of God.  Tomorrow we will start with the Attributes of God both communicable and incommunicable.  After this Pastor Tika teaches a class on a Survey of the Scriptures and we have lunch.  After lunch we start in again with a Chapter by Chapter, Verse by Verse Study in the Book of Exodus!   Once a week Amit teaches on worship during this time.  The last hour of the day (usually 3-4) we have an open study period and this is also a chance for Q&A.  This is a good time for the students to ask questions about what we have covered that day or whatever is on their mind. 

     After classes are over, Daniel and I try to get out and walk around the neighborhood a bit.  Go hunt for food and explore!  This is usually just some good exercise and a chance for Daniel and I to talk.  After dinner, I am usually in my office studying and Daniel is in his room playing or watching cartoons (as long as the electricity holds out :) )

     So there is our average day!  We are having a great time and I am personally getting stretched and grown in all kinds of ways!  God is blessing us in so many ways. 

     To all of my food fans out there:  Daniel and I have been eating momos everyday.  We say that we are attempting to eat them everyday for three months, but seriously they are just good!  Buff Momos are the best!  We have also been eating all kinds of other great foods.  Momita, one of our friends here at the church, is an amazing cook!  She has made me and Daniel some foods that would drive you wild!  If you tried some of these dishes you would be ashamed of me for the stuff that I served you!  It is that good, trust me!  Homemade momos, Buff Choila, Chicken Chili so many good dishes!  She has been stuffing us so much for the last four nights that I cannot eat breakfast in the mornings!  So good!  If we open a restaurant in the States we have to get her a ticket and a visa and put her in charge in the kitchen!

     Thanks to all who have already started giving their pledges!  However, there are some that have not come in yet.  I know that it is still early and I know all those who have pledged and know your faithfulness, but this is just a reminder, because we all get busy and forget sometimes.  So far everything is going well in that area, and God has blessed and has used some faithful people to help in the areas where we were lacking.  Please just keep praying for my family (in both places).

     Sorry this is so long, but I haven't written in a while!  Thanks again (so many times over) for your prayers and support and generosity and faithfulness! 

Dhanyabad Esu!
Steve and Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment